When it comes to flooring,tiles have always been the most popular and widely used option. The best thing about tile flooring is the wide range of colors and designs it is available in. They can also withstand most of the scouring and abrasion. Tiles are indeed the most versatile flooring option for the living rooms,bathrooms,kitchens and almost every part of the house. Although tile flooring looks stunning and glamorous,the only problem is,tiles lose their shine if not maintained properly. This is due to the buildup of dirt,dust and sticky stains. In such situations,the most commonly recommended solution to shine the tiles is wax which can often cost you a lot. But,there are certain ways in which you can make your tile floors shine without using any kind of wax or other commercial product. Here we are sharing some of the cheap DIY tricks to get a shiny tile floor.
Using Water And Soap Solution
First and the easiest method is to use a solution of soap and water. You can make this by adding a good quality detergent or liquid soap in a bucket of slightly warm water. Stir it well and now you have to use this solution to clean the floor.
Even though we’re discussing DIY options in this article,if you NEED a professional grade solution ASAP,try this ceramic tile sealer wet look.
Here Is How You Can Do This:
- Take a mop and dip it into the bucket of soapy water and squeeze the extra water before mopping the floor.
- Next,mop the really well without leaving any corners.
- Use a sponge or a rag to scrub the stains. Rinse the floor again using fresh water.
- Repeat this process until you get a sparkling floor.
Using DIY Baking Soda Cleaner
Baking soda is the most useful DIY cleaner. It can be used in a number of ways to clean almost everything in the house. You can even clean your stained floor using this magical kitchen ingredient.
To make your DIY tile cleaner,you need to follow the steps below:
- Fill the mop bucket using slightly warm water.
- Add about half cup of baking soda,1 quarter cup of white vinegar and two tablespoons of liquid dish soap.
- You can also add 8-10 drops of your favorite essential oils to fill your space with a natural and fresh aroma.
- Mix the solution really well and use it to mop the floor.
- You can even apply a paste of baking soda and water on the tough stains. Leave the paste on for 10 minutes and then mop the floor using your DIY cleaner.
- Scrub the floor using a sponge and then rinse with clean water.
- Wipe the floor dry to avoid any dirt streaks and moisture.
Using Ammonia And Water Solution
Ammonia is an excellent floor cleaner. It has the ability to remove the toughest stains and restore the shine of the floor. To use it,add one or two tablespoons of ammonia into your mop bucket and mop the floor using this solution. It will not only clean the floor but will also act as a disinfectant at the same time.
Vinegar is not just a kitchen ingredient. It can be used to shine the tile flooring as well. Also,it leaves behind a fresh smell in the house. For using this DIY method,first normally clean the floor and then follow the steps below:
- Add about half cup of white vinegar to two gallons of water.
- Dip the mop into this solution and wring it to remove extra water.
- Mop the floor well without leaving any corners.
- Wipe the floor dry using an old T-shirt or a towel to remove the water puddles or any extra moisture.
If there are tough stains then apply a baking and water paste and leave it for 10 minutes. After that,scrub the stains gently and wipe it using the same mop. Also,never mix bleach with vinegar solution because it generates harmful fumes which can cause various health hazards.
These were the best and easiest ways to get a shiny tile floor without using wax. By using these ways,you will not need to buy any expensive tile cleaner and wax for this purpose. The ways we have discussed here are super easy and use the simple ingredients which are easily available at all the homes. Moreover,you can use a porcelain tile sealer if your floor has large pores. This will make your floor look much cleaner and smoother.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post. If you’re looking for more info on floor protection? Visit our site by clicking this link: covertecproducts.com